In episode 31, Ham & Chuck pick over a bounty of stories, including a review of Black Friday atrocities, wild turkey gangs terrorizing tiny town, Army generals getting a little too much attention (get it?), and an update on our recent story about the Piedmont pee-pee po-po hubbub. Plus special guest Doug Moran, leadership consultant and author of If You Will Lead.
And please, if you haven’t yet, be sure to go to iTunes and subscribe to the Constant Crisis News & Opinion podcast and leave a comment and/or rating. We really appreciate it!
Guest: Doug Moran – Bestselling and award-winning author, Doug Moran has more than twenty-five years of leadership experience working in a variety of industries. Doug’s leadership consultancy, If You Will Lead LLC (ifyouwilllead.com), focuses on leadership development, executive coaching, organization excellence, and infrastructure strategy. His combination of corporate, government, and volunteer leadership experience gives him a unique perspective on leadership challenges in all of these different fields.
Doug also is author of If You Will Lead: Enduring Wisdom for 21st-Century Leaders – Doug has taken Rudyard Kipling’s classic poem “If–” and created a leadership framework out of it that comprises sixteen eternal and essential leadership attributes. He draws on noteworthy historical events to illustrate how great leaders like Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, Mother Teresa, and others applied these leadership attributes to achieve extraordinary results. It’s a great book!!
- UPDATE: Piedmont officer is fired over public urination ticket – by Robert Medley, NewsOK.com / the Oklahoman
- Turkeys terrorize Brookline residents – by Trevor Jones, wickedlocal.com / The Brookline Tab
- Letter to Editor: Take Brookline back from the turkeys – Wickedlocal.com / The Brookline Tab
- General demoted for lavish travel and spending – by Lolita C. Baldor, the Associated Press
Mentions, honorable and otherwise:
- Doug Moran
- If You Will Lead
- Black Friday
- Robert Medley
- the Oklahoman
- Piedmont City Manager Jim Crosby
- Officer Ken Qualls
- Canadian County District Attorney
- Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein
- Piedmont City Council
- Jarrod Leaman Esq.
- Trevor Jones
- Wicked Local Brookline
- The Brookline Tab
- Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife spokeswoman Marion Larson
- Lolita Baldor
- the Associated Press
- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta
- General William “Kip” Ward
- General David Petraeus
- General John Allen
- Paula Broadwell
- the Defense Department Inspector General
- Mother Nature
- Henry Kissinger
- Old Man Smell