In episode 65 of the Constant Crisis News & Opinion self-help and humor podcast, Ham & Chuck review Florida columnist Jeff Klinkenberg plea that, contrary to common perception and overwhelming evidence, his state of Florida is “not weird.” Our verdict: Florida is Not Weird, by Reason of Insanity.
Ham & Chuck also announce that episode 65 is the SEASON FINALE of the Constant Crisis News & Opinion podcast, and Chuck asks why we are doing 65-episode seasons, anyway.
We are going to take a hiatus from the podcast, but we encourage all of our listeners to stay connected with us. We will continue to poke fun at a world gone nuts via our CCN&O Twitter feed
(@constcrisisnews or just look up Constant Crisis News on Twitter) and through our Facebook page (facebook.com/constantcrisisnews). So please stay in touch, and keep sending us those articles and observations so we can all keep our hold on balance and perspective despite the ridiculous expectations dumped on us by our incrazingly society.
We also want to thank everyone for listening lo these many weeks, and encourage you to go back and listen to the archive when you need a laugh. There’s some pretty good stuff back there, particularly if you aren’t too picky about production value.
And remember, you can always listen to our entire archive on the following platforms!
- Listen on your Windows Phone or your PC through Microsoft Zune – Just open Zune, go to Marketplace and search Constant Crisis News & Opinion to listen
- Stitcher Internet Radio
- National obsession with ‘weird Florida’ just plain strange – by Jeff Klinkenberg, Tampa Bay Times Staff Writer
- Florida Man Drives Down Bike Trail Because GPS Told Him To – by Sarah Anne Hughes, the DCist.com – suggested by Dave Banick
Mentions, honorable & otherwise:
- David Letterman
- Top Ten Lists
- Jeff Klinkenberg
- Tampa Bay Times
- Sarah Anne Hughes
- Dave Banick
- The Washington and Old Dominion Trail
- The Arlington Police Department
- Drug-fueled cannibalism
- Burmese pythons
- Burt Reynolds
- The Elbo Room
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Pat Robertson
- Jacksonville (Fla.)
- Fredericksburg (Va.)
- Spotsylvania County (Va.)
- Stafford County (Va.)
- Patient First
- Scrubs (by inference)